Saturday, December 5, 2009

Please help; Is it too late to change my name?

I started at a new school yesterday, and I'm already getting frustrated with correcting my teachers on how pronounce my atrocious name properly. I've actually always wanted to change it, but it's not easy where I live, and I was wondering if maybe I can ask the teachers to call me by something different. I haven't met all of them yet so maybe it would work?



The thing is, there's a lot of people who know me and who would call me by my actual name. Would it be wierd for me to break out the sudden news that I want to be called something different? Is it too late to ask the teachers that I've already met to call me by another name? Even after doing roll call in front of all the other students?



I'm sorry if this all came out sounding shallow and lacking confidence, but I'm just really tired of sticking out like a big fat sore thumb among all the amandas and jessicas.



I want something that's not common but at least is KNOWN. Like Vivane or Aveline.



Thanks :)



Please help; Is it too late to change my name?the grand theater



It depends on your age. I.e. are you legally an adult in your country (for instance, age %26gt; 18 years or 21 years, depending on the law) ?



What is the opinion of your parents and family ?



Is it your first name, or your family name ?



You may use another name, something like an official nickname. If you become a writer or a singer or an actress, then it may even become your official name in use.



PS If your name is foreign and has a difficult pronunciation, you may "localize" it in the usual pronunciation. For instance, a German born Peucker university researcher became Dr Poiker.



PPS See other answers on your duplicate question : http://fr.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...



Please help; Is it too late to change my name?soap opera opera theater



What's cool about an original name is you are memorable. I know it is a hassle now...but I actually didn't mind mine so much growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
noton