Saturday, December 5, 2009

My period is 6 days late - any ideas?

I have had an eating disorder (mainly bulimia) but I have been in recovery for almost a year. My period is 6 days late and there is NO chance that I am pregnant. I am getting anxious, is there a chance that something is wrong? Please help, thanks!



My period is 6 days late - any ideas?secure browser



Firstly - well done for taking the long journey out of your eating disorders



Secondly - they could be some residual effects of your condition where your ovaries are 'taking stock' of the new situation in your body.



Thirdly you may have an almost symptomless condition 'poly cystic ovary syndrome' which can play havoc with your periods without you being pregnant.



Maybe tho take a pregnancy test for your own peace of mind before consulting your doctor about this if it doesn't resolve itself soon



My period is 6 days late - any ideas?home theater opera theater



You should speak with you Gynecologist/Physician. It may be nothing but it's better to be safe than sorry.
Stress. anytime that your body goes through any kind of major changes, it can mess up your system. try to relax and take it easy.
I use Dong Quai when my cycle is irregular. It is a Chinese herb used frequently in China and the East to regulate and jump start a woman's period and cycle.
This is going to sound weird, but it can be helpful.



If you know that you should be having your period, and you're not, this can bring it on. For example, right before my period I tend to break out in certain ways and in certain places (like always on my chin in two different spots). On the day when my period starts, my skin clears up.



If you have signs like this, one thing that can bring on your period, speed it up, and therefore shorten its duration is sexual activity to orgasm. Being sexually aroused releases hormones that jumpstart the menstrual cycle. Orgasm affects the uterus in such a way that it speeds up the sloughing of the menstrual tissue.



Of course, take the standard precautions to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases.
Most likely it is disadjustment from having been bulimic, were you amenorrheic? if so just relax and wait for the period. Your body is just adjusting. If you don't get your period by the tenth day (four more days) go see a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
noton