Thursday, December 10, 2009

How can I get late fees removed?

Hi I was wondering how I can get my late fees removed I have not been getting my bills and when I got a collection call I was very surprised beacuse I have made a very large payment to my credit card. All of the reps I spoke with were rude and did not believe I have not been getting my bills is there anything I can do? Thanks



How can I get late fees removed?events



Not getting the bills in not an excuse. It MAY have worked for the first late payment, if you had called to ask about your missing bills. Even if you didn't know the due date or the payment address, you knew you should get a bill at least once per month. There is a toll free phone number on the back of the card.



That said, the collector are rude because that is an effective way to scare people into paying them first, even if it means using money they should use to eat. Its not that they don;t believe you never got the bills. They don't care. The only options you have are to pay off the FULL balance or make a lump sum settlement offer. If you make an offer, get a WRITTEN acceptance of that amount as FULL SETTLEMENT before you send the payment by CERTIFIED mail by money order or cashiers check. (You don't want them to see your checking account number.)



How can I get late fees removed?home theatre opera theater



A consumer credit counselor can call the card company for you and get your fees removed pending on a promise to repay. However, you will need to let them help you get out of debt for a small fee.
First of all, unless it was a brand new credit card where you didn't know the due date or the address to send your payment to, you are stuck for the late fees. It's your fault. You know when your due date is and you can scare up an old bill for the address. While I sympathize, happens to many of us now and then, it's still your responsibility.



As far as being unemployed, take money out of your savings to pay up. If you have no savings, then get on down to the local grocery store and get night work to pay your bills while looking for a day job. It will only get worse otherwise and you don't even have to ask me how I know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
noton