Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sending a grievance card... better late or never?

The mother of my friend passed away about two weeks ago and I didn't see him immediately after so I didn't see him again until we were both drinking at a party and I didn't think it would be appropriate. I am considering sending him a text/card. Is it better to do it late or just not bring it up? I mean theres no way he isn't thinking about it I'm thinking maybe getting a card would brighten his day.



Sending a grievance card... better late or never?theater



send a card. It's the right thing......



Sending a grievance card... better late or never?london theatre opera theater



Later is probably better in this case, but a card would be more appropriate than a text.



A text would be OK if you just heard about it, like an immediate response, for a delayed sympathy, a card would be better.



Cheers :-)
I think it would be appropriate to send a card. A text might seem a bit uncaring (even if it's not intended that way), and sending a card to let him know you are sorry for his loss will surely brighten up his life, regardless of how you found out about it.
Send a card. When a loved one first dies a person gets flooded with sympathy cards and then...nothing. I'm sure your friend will appreciate the condolences since he's still grieving.
defiantly a card.. not a text.. and better late is better then never!
Yes better late than never. Do not ignore it. Let him know you are thinking of him.
I have never heard of a "grievance" card; do you mean sympathy card, or perhaps I'm not used to the term in your culture. Grievance refers to a complaint you have, often about the conditions at your work.



It is appropriate to send a sympathy card for at least a month or so after a death. However, at this point, I think I'd just ask him how he's doing since the the death of his mother, and that you were sorry to hear of it. Asking about his feelings NOW, makes more sense to me.
you should have sent the card immediately following the news, seeing you could make it to the services.... you didnt say anything when you saw your friend, iwould be hurt because my friend hasnt acknowledged my loss...... you should send a card IMMEDIATELY!!! a text is just tacky!!! and explain in the card that you regret not being able to attend the services and you found it inappropriate to bring it up at the party... I would feel like a jerk if i were you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
noton